Mission Statement: Cougar Boosters serve as the mechanism in which family and friends can work together on behalf of our school’s athletic program. The primary mission of the Cougar Boosters is to promote unity of spirit among parents, faculty, and all BA athletic supporters in accordance with the school’s mission to provide a “Quality Education in a Christian Environment.”
We believe the lessons learned from participation in athletics are important life lessons that are universal in application. Our annual goal is to build a roster of membership from supporters of all sports at Brookhaven Academy, including our current parents, grandparents, past parents/grandparents, patrons, and elementary parents.
Goals and objectives are to encourage enthusiastic support and interest in Brookhaven Academy athletics, support ALL student-athletes in every sport at all ages, contribute financially and through volunteer efforts to the advancement and needs of athletic programs at Brookhaven Academy and lend positive encouragement and support to the coaches and Director of Athletics.
Members CREED and Statement of Purpose:
As we continue to build on the great tradition of Brookhaven Academy athletics, it takes dedication to purpose and a bold commitment to excellence. This is an exciting opportunity for all of us to continue to deepen our tradition of integrity and involvement. This tradition will continue to be built through the encouragement of and support for everyone in the BA family. These formative years are our one chance to make a great and lasting impression on our children. Therefore, in order to give our student athletes the best opportunity to become the very best that they can be, we will make it a priority to give our time, talents, encouragement and support. Success comes through hard work, dedication, and commitment to excellence. We will get out of this only what we invest into it. We want to model this attitude for our students through our membership in COUGAR BOOSTERS.
The Cougar Boosters, with support from the Brookhaven Academy Administration, would like to encourage all parents, patrons, and supporters to help our athletic program build upon a history of success. With a little support from many, the many can become one and we can continue the great tradition of commitment to excellence that will impact our students and school for years to come. Our continuous pursuit is to further enhance our program, the students involved and our Brookhaven Academy community. We encourage everyone in the “Brookhaven Nation” to take advantage of this opportunity to be a part of this important endeavor. Your volunteer efforts are intangible and we thank you for your support! "GO COUGARS!"
Purpose of the Cougar Boosters
1. To show positive support to our student athletes and coaches in every sport.
2. To encourage students to support other sports at the school.
3. To help coordinate workdays and organize groups of volunteers.
Each grade will have representative in the Cougar Boosters
1. Be the main leader in work days for you sport or grades.
2. This rep will coordinate with Coaches on what is needed.
3. Be the liaision between your sport/grade and the Cougar Boosters president.
4. Check to make sure that parents with concession duty, for their one game, are going to be there.
Dynamics of the Cougar Boosters
1. Each sport and sections of grades will have one representative and one vote when comes to decisions and elections
2. There are monthly committee meetings and the Cougar Boosters will hold a full meeting once per quarter